Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW)
- When you choose a Certified Builder you’re partnering with a professional who has committed to performing at the highest level possible in our industry. Did you know that in Washington, the requirements to become a registered contractor are minimal? Anyone who pays for the license and bond are qualified, no test or education needed to build or remodel your home.
- By hiring a Certified Builder, you are getting a vetted contractor required to complete education, provide multiple references from both employees and clients.
- Certified Builders reach higher and work harder to ensure your house is more than just a dwelling, it’s your home.
- A Certified Builder is proven, accountable, and vetted by one of the largest home building associations in the country.
National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- NARI Certifications were developed to recognize highly experienced remodeling professionals, capable of planning and managing complex remodeling projects to client satisfaction.
- NARI members pledge to follow the nation's strictest code of ethics for remodelers so homeowners can feel confident that their remodeling job will be done right when they hire a NARI member.
- Certified professionals represent an elite group of industry experts who possess extensive technical and management skills that set them apart as capable remodeling professionals.
Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties
- Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties (MBAKS) is the nation’s oldest and largest local homebuilders association, serving every area of the residential building industry.
- Like our founders, our members continue to take a leading role in all facets of homebuilding, addressing the many concerns and issues affecting our region’s ever-evolving housing industry. From groundbreaking technology to revolutionary advances in sustainability, from leading government advocacy efforts to giving back to our communities every chance we get, our goal never wavers.
- We are the professional homebuilders, architects, remodelers, suppliers, manufacturers, and sales and marketing professionals in your community who believe homeownership is a right for everyone.
National Association of Home Builders
- Since it was founded in the early 1940s, NAHB has served as the voice of America’s housing industry. We work to ensure that housing is a national priority and that all Americans have access to safe, decent and affordable housing, whether they choose to buy a home or rent.
NAHB’s affiliates include:
- Home Innovation Research Labs, which develops, tests and evaluates new materials, methods, standards and equipment to improve the technology and the affordability of America’s housing.
- HBI, our workforce development arm, which develops and administers a wide range of educational and job training programs.
- The National Housing Endowment, our philanthropic arm, dedicated to helping the housing industry develop more effective approaches to home building, enhancing education and training for future generations of leaders in residential construction and increasing the body of knowledge on housing issues.
- NAHB is also a founding partner and member of the International Housing Association, which works to advance home building around the globe with educational programs and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Certified Aging In Place Specialist on our Team
- The Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place.
- The CAPS designation offers your potential clients what they need most: reassurance that you’ll help them make the choices that will help them stay in their homes safely and securely.
Interior Design Society of Seattle
- The Seattle Chapter of IDS was founded on the principles of inclusion & community for the residential interior design industry in the greater Seattle area. The goal of IDS Seattle is to foster business and a sense of community among designers and industry partners through a combination of educational events and social events, as well as collaborative events with other professional organizations.
- As a chapter of the National Interior Design Society, we support and foster the core values of professionalism, community, influence & growth.
National Kitchen and Bath Association
- Being an NKBA-certified professional demonstrates credibility, leadership and success.
- NKBA Certification is based on in-depth testing, education, and industry experience, allowing consumers to know that their designer’s professional skills have been independently evaluated and tested. NKBA Certified Designers are committed to improving those skills by meeting continuing education and professional development requirements.
- Project management platform that helps ensure clear communication and project insights for our clients.
- Integrates schedules, planning, messaging and project details all in one place that is accessible to the client.
Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
- The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce was chartered in 1907. The Chamber is a voluntary organization serving over 440 business and professional leaders in several neighborhoods.
- The chamber mission is to promote the economic vitality of Edmonds through advocacy, leadership, education and community-building events. The organization also serves to encourage unified public support and initiate action for the sustainability of our rich quality of life in our community, county and state.
- Members are encouraged to join committees and volunteer for events. Board members meet monthly and participate in a yearly retreat to establish and monitor the work plan goals in response to the members.
Mukilteo Chamber of Commerce
- The Mukilteo Chamber of Commerce is an organization dedicated to promoting business development and economic growth in the greater Mukilteo area.
- The Mukilteo Chamber of Commerce is working to build and support a thriving business community.
Mill Creek Chamber of Commerce
- The Mill Creek Chamber of Commerce has been serving the community since 1997 and is the action-oriented membership organization and business voice in the greater Mill Creek area.
- It works to promote a strong local economy; represent and advocate on behalf of business; provide opportunities to build relationships; and deliver programs to help business grow.
Dedication to the Communities we Serve:
Being a part of our local community is a huge part of who Northlight Custom Builders is. We believe strongly in giving back to our community and being an active participant.
- Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
- Mukilteo Chamber of Commerce
- K9 Snohomish County Foundation
- K9’s for Warriors
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Program for Veterans
- Children’s Hospital
- Everett Gospel Mission
- Local Rotary Clubs
SMALL OR LARGE, EVERY PROJECT IS BACKED BY OUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE.
Best of Houzz - Design
Rated best in 2021, 2022 and 2023
Our professional completed projects portfolio was rated best of 2021, 2022 and 2023 by the Houzz community in the design category.
Best of Houzz - Service
Rated best in 2021, 2022 and 2023
We were rated at the highest customer satisfaction for the years 2021, 2022 and 2023 by the Houzz community.
Winners of the 2023 NARI CotY™ award for Residential Detached Structure
NARI’s Contractor of the Year (CotY) Awards are the premier recognition program for the remodeling industry, showcasing remodeling excellence in 48 different categories. The judges are leading experts in their field. Northlight Custom Builders was awarded for our outbuilding conversion project that changed an old, unused, indoor pool area into a beautiful year-round outdoor living space.
Our company is Ranked in the Top 30 Washington State Contractors
A Member of the National Association of Home Builders, Member of the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties and Member of the Building Industry Association of Washington. Northlight Custom Builders LLC is rated in the top 30 of 128,670 contractors in Washington.