Why Construction is a Great Career Choice!
- Every day you are using your hands and mind to create a tangible, new product.
- Every day is a new experience.
- You get to take a space that is outdated, not very functional and underutilized, and create something that is new, functional and useful for its owners.
- You have the opportunity to express your own creativity and come up with exciting solutions.
- Workdays go by fast because there is constant activity going on around you.
Pay and Benefits:
- The more you learn, the more you improve your skills which leads to increases in pay and/or benefits.
- A current and continuing shortage of available and able workers means better pay, paid vacation time, and benefits like medical, and education advancement.
- Possibility for a flexible schedule with working 4-10hr days with a 3-day weekend.
- There are so many job opportunities and paths in construction that there is a position for everyone. Jobs range from skilled labor to project leaders. Foreman and superintendents to project engineers, schedulers, and project coordinators. Drafters, designers, marketing, executive management and owners.
- You have the opportunity to work in commercial or residential environments; or both. Each has it’s unique set of needed skills and learning requirements.
- You can choose to be in general construction working with all types of materials. Or you can specialize in a trade like carpentry, framing and finish work, tile work, electrical and concrete work.
- Every day you learn something new, no matter how long you are in the industry because every project is different. The more you learn the more your skill level increases, thus making you a more valuable employee.
- On top of on-the-job training, there are many training classes and programs that offer accreditations and certifications that help to improve your skills and value to a company.
- If a college degree is not a path you want to pursue, it doesn’t matter because it’s not a requirement for getting started. And the bonus with that is, no student loans to repay!
Contact Us to Learn More!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-977-9661